Monday, August 4, 2008

Spicy Simmered Pork

I have only tried this with Pork, but imagine it would go well with chicken as well for those who don't like pork. For vegos, hmm, sorry. Promised this recipe for Shannon and Ian. This is adapted from a recipe in "Off the shelf" by Donna Hay I think

1/4c soy sauce
1/2c sugar
2 sml red chillies, seeded and chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon shredded ginger (I used grated fresh ginger)
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 teaspoon ground star anise
650grams boneless pork fillet (I used a pork leg steak cut into small strips)

Place all the sauce ingredients in a deep frypan. Heat over med heat 4-5 minutes. Add sliced pork and cook on both sides 1-2 minutes. Sauce should be simmering/slightly frothing.

Serve the pork on a salad of mixed leaves. (I used lettuce, parsley coriander and nasturtium leaves, book suggests mint and spring onions as well.)

Drizzle some of the remaining sauce over the salad.

Delicious.

No comments: