Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Garden Update

My seed tray. These are the cucumbers which will all need potting up in the next day or two. (I may have planted too many, but will overcompensate for the potential slug attacks and if I get too many I'll give them away or swap them.

The squash have appeared now too, and so have the leeks, Nothing yet from capsicum or eggplant. It may still be too cold for them, although the last few days have been summery, we are back to cold weather again.


This is my newest garden purchase. A birdbath. It was on special. Really on special. And I love the solid lines. Haven't seen the birds in it, but I'll keep my eye on it on the weekend.

I just need a ground one for the frogs and lizards now.

And finally some harvest. I am picking snow peas and lettuce/rocket/endive etc nearly every day. Brocoletti slowing up now, but still producing enough to pick a bit, I pick regularly to stop it going to flower (then it stops producing) and keep it in a container in the fridge until it's ready to use.

Happy gardening.

No comments: