Sunday, January 26, 2014

Harvest monday - jan 27 2014

Enjoying the blogger app for I-phone, so much easier to blog now! Anyhow, unlike those othe the northern half of the globe it's full production mode here in australia, so my garden is doing well. 

What I picked this morning....


Spring onion and parsley went into potato salad,  zucchinis might be part of dinner, the sweet corn definately will - it's the first ones I've harvested this year!

Egg will go in the pile as I used up most of them in some baking earlier this weekend, and strawberries and figs will probably be breakfast tomorrow! 

Loving meals from the garden.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooh, figs! I'm so jealous.

han_ysic said...

They are delicious, shared some with friends on the weekend who had never eaten a fresh fig. I'd prefer to buy beautiful exotic fruit than junk food as a treat :)

ibarbidahl said...

What type of fig are those? They look SO vivid! Absolutely fantstic looking harvests.

han_ysic said...

Barbara, have to confess its a tree struck from a cutting that a friend gave me. They are a black fig, and don't grow much more than an inch in diameter but they are delicious and tasty. I'm having a couple every day in my breakfast at the moment :)