Tuesday, August 11, 2009

grateful for the garden


Thankful for chickens digging me up some sweet potatoes! I didn't even guess they would be ready. They were orange, decent sized and delicious.


Thankful for getting an egg from every chicken today - four brown and one blue/green (from speckles the bantam)


Thankful for willing teenage hands who were happy to mow the lawn in return for a free feed.


Thankful for the opportunity to invite said hands to church, and even more so that they came!


Thankful for the rain that fell last night (of course watering the garden will always bring that one on :)


Thankful for the bees and wasps, working hard to pollinate my flowers. Looking forward to apricots!


I could go on for so long, the garden is growing, the birds are laying, the fruit is ripening. I just need more time to get it all done. Last sunday I doubled the size of the no dig garden to surround the small walnut tree, need to do another layer on top before it's ready and then looking at planting a lot of my spring veges like beans and corn there. Can't wait to watch it all grow and then to eat it all.


Don't you love this image - Listening to Nature. It's by Rob Ryan who does the most amazing work with papercuts. Drop by and have a look.

No comments: